Mavado to Face The Court April 23

Dance-hall artiste Mavado made his second appearance in  the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate’s Court in St. James on Tuesday March 13, 2012.

His case was mentioned and a new date was set for April 23.

Mavado, who’s given name is David Brooks, is on trial for malicious destruction of property, following an incident last year in the second city.

He’s accused of being part of a group that attacked two men following a motor vehicle accident. At the trial last week, both the complainant and his son gave evidence.

The complainant told the court that on the night of July 22, he and his son were trying to park their car, when members of  the artiste’s entourage started an argument.

The court was told that stones and a machete were used in the attack against the complainant and his son. The artiste has denied the allegations.

Source: RJR News

Start the discussion ...