The United States Embassy in Kingston has opened its new appointment and document delivery service for all American visas.
The Embassy says in addition to added convenience, the new procedures eliminate many of the fees previously associated with the visa application process.
As a result, applicants will no longer need to pay to access PIN codes and for DHL delivery of the visas.
The Embassy appointment scheduling system, can now be done on phone by calling 876-632-7400 (Jamaica number) or 703-439-2360 (U.S. number) or online at: http://jamaica.usvisa-info.com
* Non-immigrant visa applicants can now pay their application fee by credit card online or over the phone or at any National Commercial Bank branch using deposit slip obtained on the scheduling website.
* The Embassy says non-immigrant visa fees must be paid before an appointment can be scheduled.
* Non-immigrant visa applicants must indicate their address for passport delivery at the time of appointment scheduling.
* Applicants who paid their MRV fees prior to March 18 should contact KingstonTransApp@state.gov to be scheduled for an appointment.
* Immigrant visa (IV) applicants will still have their initial appointments scheduled by the National Visa Center in the United States.
* IV applicants should register for free DHL services through the scheduling website or by phone.
* If IV applicants require follow-up appointments, they will be given instructions at the time of their first appointment at the Embassy.